Whether it be holiday time, a birthday, work anniversary, or general celebration we’ve all dreaded the decision of what to gift a coworker. Half the time, these gifts are only to keep up formalities and even end up feeling like an obligation rather than an endearing gesture. The problem is, a lame generic gift clearly shows the rest of the office you didn’t give a damn either. What’s an employee to do?
If you’re having trouble deciding on what to give, take a look at the suggestions below for some barely-safe-for-work gift ideas for your coworkers, all under 19 bucks! Forget the coffee mug or pen holder and stand out with a bit of attitude and humor. #careerpunk These items will be to sure get noticed and might even land you a “Thank You.” 😳
Disclosure: The affiliate links below can result in a commission to CareerPunk (depending on purchase type, amount, timing, etc.) which helps keep the site alive. Your support is appreciated!
Adult Coloring Books
When life’s become overwhelming and you know your coworker could use a bit of levity and composure, these adult coloring books will be sure to hit the mark. I advocate for a community display of finished pieces to further reflect on one’s zen centering.
- Calm the F*ck Down: An Irreverent Adult Coloring Book
- Make Life Your Bitch: Motivational adult coloring book. (Midnight Edition)
- People of Walmart.com Adult Coloring Book: Rolling Back Dignity
- 50 Shades Of Bullsh*t: Dark Edition: Swear Word Coloring Book
Adulting in the Workplace
Adulting is hard. Inside or out of the workplace, the constant requirement of being a grown up is exhausting. Show your empathy and understanding for the hardships of responsibility with these adulting-hack gifts.
- I Adulted!: Stickers for Grown-Ups
- The Grown-Ass Women’s Club: Be Awesome. Earn Badges.
- 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get By Without Even Trying
Sometimes the best stress reliever is taking out all your frustration on an inanimate defenseless object. Only then can your superiority be truly acknowledged. Lucky for you these gifts fit the bill perfectly.
- Dammit Doll Classic (Pack of 12)
- Office Anger Management Boxing Glove Set
- eSmart Stress Sausage Anti Stress Toy
Nothing says “Back off, I’m busy.” like a sign on your desk that says “Back off, I’m busy!” Have fun being an ass with these desktop signage gifts.
Gadget Happy Hours
While these gifts may not be as risque‘ per se’, they still fill the gap of those gadget-happy coworkers that love to be well, gadget-happy. You know the ones, they tend to have an electric-everything, too many cord hubs, and a concealed nerf gun carry permit. Add to their joyously annoying collection with these gifts.
- Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy (Miniature Editions)
- Foot Hammock Foot Rest For Desks (and travel)
- That’s Bullshit Button
- LED Clock Fan with Real Time Display Function
What’s better than reading a motivational affirmation? Reading them everyday WITHOUT all the self-help neediness attached! Gone are the days of inspiring wall posters that should’ve never been framed in the first place. Grab this deck of cards below and hand out affirmations to anyone in need.
What barely- or NOT-safe-for-work gifts have you given or received before?
Let us know in the comments below!